Prevent Heart Attacks in Women
Heart health in women is one of the most rapidly growing concerns in the healthcare field. Here are some tips to prevent heart attacks in women from our cardiologists in Beverly Hills, CA:
- Ditch the cigarettes. One of the most effective things you can do as a woman to prevent a heart attack is to stop smoking. Visit https://smokefree.gov/ for resources and motivation to help you quit for good.
- Find alternatives to alcohol. Of course, you can still enjoy the occasional glass of wine. Overall, you should limit your alcohol intake to help prevent a heart attack. Sparkling water with lime and mocktails are great alternatives when you’re socializing with friends.
- Get moving! Regular physical activity is vital to supporting your heart health. Start with walking around your neighborhood or getting a treadmill or elliptical machine for your home. Listen to an audio book, or your favorite music to make it fun. You can even watch your favorite television shows while still being active!
- Stand on the scale. Weighing yourself may not be the most fun activity, but it can be an important tool in your heart health toolbox. Check in often to make sure you are maintaining your current weight and not packing on the pounds.
- Reduce stress. Although it may seem easier said than done, reducing stress in your life can have a significant impact in increasing your heart health. Consider incorporating meditation into your everyday life to decrease your blood pressure. Calm.com is a fantastic app you can download to your phone that provides you with a new ten minute meditation every morning.
- Add an aspirin to your daily routine. Discuss incorporating a low-dose of aspirin into your heart health routine with your doctor. It has proven to be effective in reducing the likelihood of heart attack in women 65 and over.
hese are just some of the ways to prevent heart attacks in women. If you have more questions about heart attack prevention, our experienced Beverly Hills, CA cardiologist is here to help. Please call us at (310) 858-6500 or get in touch with us online to discuss treatment options.
Relationship with you
“This doctor really stands apart from some of the others I have experienced. He is brilliant and has been able to figure out medical problems that other doctors could not figure out! If you have a problem that is not typical-see this doctor. It could save your life!”
“I have seen a lot of physicians in my time but few compare to Dr. Eshaghian. He was extremely thorough, yet efficient in the time we spent together.”
“A professional to the highest degree. Excellent bedside manner and patient care. Trust your heart and health to none other.”